Matt is dropping another solo episode today, and he is going to be talking about some cool conference hacks that will help you with outreach and making connections. Live events are happening again and we just returned from the Traffic & Conversion Summit. He will be sharing some things that we learned over time about how to be the most effective at these conferences and how to get the most out of them.
He shares a few hacks about how to connect with people and build our influence around the booth. Whether it be with the speakers, attendees, or exhibitors, we really like to network with as many people as possible and do it in a way where you really build a deep connection. Once you’re done, check out chats with Steve Sims that we mentioned and Michael Trainer as well for more insights into making awesome connections to propel your business.
“You’ll get their email and once again, you have just opened the door. You’ve just kicked in that reciprocation principle, you’ve just given them a reason to reciprocate and you’ve just given them a reason to remember you as well.” - Matt Wolfe
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- Connecting with everyone at the event, and not just attendees
- Why we, as a sponsor, love connecting with other sponsors!
- How to connect with folks that you might think are unreachable
- How to use photos and videos for outreach
- Exporting your contacts for use in future emails
- How to get people onto your podcast
- Using the event app - this makes for easy outreach!
- Want to learn how to growth hack a podcast and watch over our shoulders (and give you all the templates and DFY swipe files)? Check out PodHacker.com - this is where we deep dive into building, monetizing, and scaling a podcast through unique strategies like the ones from this episode.
References and Links Mentioned:
- Active Campaign
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Want to get the Action Guide from this episode? Grab them here!
- Check out our awesome YouTube Channel channel, made for digital marketers and business pros looking for actionable insights, where we dish out meaningful content, relevant topics, and transparent discussions with industry experts.
- Join the Facebook Community - be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- We also have a new PodHacker YouTube Channel where you can learn how to build, grow, and monetize a podcast with our unique "PodHacks." We post tutorials, tips, and interview clips that help podcasters scale their show and make more money from their efforts.
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar and Ahrefs - be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- How To Make Impossible Things Happen - Steve Sims
- How To Connect With The Greatest Minds To Improve The World - Michael Trainer