It all started out at the horse track. Take one young boy hanging out with his father, add the “need to know” how a horse’s odds of winning a particular race are calculated, to equal Scott Desgrosseilliers recipe for online business success today.
Scott’s love of building databases from the age of 11, coupled with his analytical approach to data he collected moved him from corporate giants Motorola to Apartments.com and onto Infusionsoft (just for fun because he got bored just managing data online). At his last post, he quickly discovered the need for online marketers to collect reliable data about their marketing efforts in order to make better choices with their budget.
Enter Wicked Reports, the company Scott founded a couple years ago that he calls a marketer’s playbook to grow their business faster. Tune in as and get the scoop on the most common misconceptions business owners have about attribution, common tracking errors companies make about their customers, and Scott’s take on the two most important key metrics every online business should be tracking.
And, if data’s your thing, you’ll definitely want to listen in on Chris Mercer’s Google Analytics episode, plus Tina Marie’s take on what data is important to small business owners.
"Once you get one thing, you kinda get all of them. Until you get one thing, you don’t get any of it.”- Scott Desgrosseilliers
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- Right or left brained, this tool will help you rule, in attribution data anyway
- The two most important metrics any business owner should track’
- How to reverse engineer high-value customer acquisition
- Discover the average time between first click and first purchase and why it matters
- Why email click-through rate isn’t everything and how even a low one can equal big returns
- How being a comics nerd can translate into a hella good business model
- An easy and free way to start tracking your email success
- How to follow the scale, chill or kill method with paid advertising
- The common tracking errors most companies make online
- Is this tool the video game cheat code for online marketers?
- Why instant gratification is the worst nightmare of online business (even if it seems like a dream come true on the other side of the equation)
- This common oversight will throw off your cold traffic sales conversion numbers, so don’t make it
- The importance of sub-goals for your business
Contact Scott Desgrosseilliers:
References and Links Mentioned: