BJ Fogg, PhD, author of Tiny Habits and TinyHabits.com is on the show today! We have been immersed lately in understanding changes and our own habits, which have led to some self-sabotage at times. BJ talks about the concept of breaking the chain and how it can be detrimental to your progress. If your habit is too big, it can be hard to build up the momentum to continue. Plus, celebrating micro wins can be a huge motivator and they can come with every action that you do.
BJ talked about his mission in spreading that ripple effect that will pass on to others, similar to how we love having fun while recording. He also gave us some real-life examples of creating tiny habits that stuck, such as how he was able to shed weight easily and how he starts his day in the right way to set his mind up for success. Still want more? Go check out our previous conversations with Anthony Trucks and Erin Pheil for more tricks to get you unstuck with some simple questions and quick tactics.
“The best system whether it’s weight loss, sleeping better, or being more productive, is matching yourself with behaviors that will take you to that outcome, and these behaviors should be ones that you already want to do.” - BJ Fogg, PhD
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How one way of raising kids helps them to foster a sense of accomplishment and be goal orientated
- How emotions create the habits
- Breaking down the Fogg Behavior Model
- The Maui Habit and celebrating life
- BJ’s easy method for weight loss
- Stopping the derailment of habits when your environment changes
- The simple act of celebrating even the smallest of actions
- Breaking the habit myths (hint: repetition does not create a habit)
Resources From BJ Fogg:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Humor, Seriously by Jennifer Aaker and Naomi Bagdonas
- The Gap and The Gain by Dan Sullivan and Benjamin Hardy
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Check out our awesome YouTube Channel channel, made for digital marketers and business pros looking for actionable insights, where we dish out meaningful content, relevant topics, and transparent discussions with industry experts.
- Join the Facebook Community - be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- We also have a new PodHacker YouTube Channel where you can learn how to build, grow, and monetize a podcast with our unique "PodHacks." We post tutorials, tips, and interview clips that help podcasters scale their show and make more money from their efforts.
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar and Ahrefs - be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- How To Get Your Shift Together - Anthony Trucks
- How To Change Your Beliefs To Change Your Life - Erin Pheil